Whether you lead a team of thousands, a team of hundreds, or a team of five, you should have executive presence. While executive presence alone most likely won’t get you promoted or keep you in your current role, it is something that will set you apart. It is also a huge part of motivating and inspiring your team.
So what is executive presence? That is exactly what we are talking about today. Tom Henschel is the host of The Look & Sound of Leadership, which has been airing since 2008. Tom is also a communications coach for executives at companies like Warner Bros, Toyota, Mattel, and Sony Pictures.
Tom is president of the executive development firm Essential Communications. He was also classically trained at The Juilliard School, Drama Division. Tom was a professional actor for more than 20 years and has appeared in over 100 plays, films, and TV episodes.
In this episode of the podcast we explore:
- How Tom went from acting to coaching executives
- What is executive presence and why is it so important
- Do you need executive presence in order to be a leader?
- The aspect of executive presence that leaders struggle with
- How to have executive presence in a virtual world
- Action items leaders can implement today to create executive presence
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or your favorite podcast platform.
If you want more content like this you can subscribe to my Youtube channel.
15 Top CEOs Share Their Best Leadership Lessons
Learn from the CEOs of Netflix, Honeywell, Volvo, Best Buy, The Home Depot, and others.
Get the PDF→
If you enjoyed the article and want more content like this here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to The Future of Work Podcast where I interview business leaders around the world each week.
- Grab a copy of The Future Leader which has been endorsed by the CEOs of MasterCard, Best Buy, Oracle, Audi, Unilever, Domino’s Pizza, Ritz Carlton, Kaiser, and Marshall Goldsmith. It explores the most essential skills and mindsets for future leaders.
- If you are or want to be an entrepreneur then my wife and I just launched a brand new podcast on how to Be Your Own Boss, called the BYOB Podcast where we share what we did and how we did it. You can subscribe to that here.