Search engines get a lot of flack for taking their sweet time to index web pages, but with a little bit of effort you can have your page indexed in under 24 hours. Here is what I did:
- Make sure the html is clean (doesn’t have to be perfect but something 100% java just won’t do)
- Put a link to my blog from linkedin
- Set out notes/emails to contacts to check out the blog
- Created a Squidoo lens
- Post my content on Digg
- Update content frequently
- Placed the URL in my e-mail signature
- Submit the URL to search engines
- Create a sitemap (auto-generated with wordpress, if you don’t have wordpress you can still generate one and upload it via ftp)
- Commented on other blog posts
- Submitted sites to Stumbleupon
Within 24 hours my site appeared in google.
Do you have your own tips and tricks for getting indexed in google? (or other search engines) I’d love to hear them.