Andy Lee founded Alorica Inc. in 1999 and serves as its Chairman and CEO. Guided by his desire to improve customer experiences and his entrepreneurial talents, he has become one of the leaders in the service and support outsourcing industry. He conceptualized and developed one of the original cloud-based Software-as-a-Service customer contact management applications that integrated contact center operations, returns management, and e-commerce. Andy has also served as an executive at Advanced Membrane Technology, CTX Data Services, and Gateway. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business and Finance from the University of Southern California.
Alorica is a “BPO – ‘Business Process Outsourcing’ company or ‘a customer experience provider’. Alorica specializes in attracting, developing and performance managing people.” Regardless of the work, they can put more effort into these areas on a large scale. With over 100,000 employees, you may find yourself talking with one of them often. For example, if you call a wireless provider to discuss the bill or if you call an online company, then you might be talking with them. Calling a healthcare plan, you are probably speaking with someone from Alorica.
Learn The 12 Skills You Need For The Future Of Work
Get started on our FREE PDF Guide!
Get Started →
Companies do not provide this service themselves because as they evolve they find that they want to focus on what they do best – so they employ Alorica to handle their companies’ clients through multiple modes – staffing, technology and a general provider of skilled labor to solve problems. Alorica has “chosen to be great at the science and the practice of attracting, developing and performance managing people.
What are the skills set needed for the future?
● You need to be able to study work flows to be able to apply logic, process and engineering
● The part of the workforce that are currently on the phones, in the future will need to be able to answer more complex questions. This will require people to listen carefully and understand the context to the situation and apply logic to the context. They will have to use critical thinking.
How does Alorica teach?
● Micro learning – 5 – 10 minute bursts of learning
People retain 20% more information and they eliminate retraining by 80% by using these short burst videos with higher retention and less retraining
● Role playing – the ability to talk through scenarios in group settings
● Alorica Academy teaches leadership skills
● Alorica language institute teaches people English and cultural context
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
● How organizations can use Alorica
● The impact AI and Automation will have on businesses like Alorica
● Why Andy feels the AI hype is not based in reality
● Andy’s perspective on Glassdoor ratings, along with internal surveys
● How Alorica is investing in microlearning
● What skillsets are needed for the future
Links from the episode:
This episode of The Future of Work Podcast was made possible by our friends at ServiceNow. Please show your support by checking out the great work they are doing!
Give employees the service experience they deserve because everyone deserves great experiences at work. Eliminate frustration and improve employee satisfaction with a single access point for efficient, personalized HR services. ServiceNow helps you put service at the heart of your business. Start today.