How do people feel when they interact with you? Do they want to keep engaging, or are they ready to move on to someone else?
It all comes down to your personal brand.
Your personal brand is one of the most important parts of building a business and establishing yourself. Your brand comes through in your voice, your content, and your products and services.
My wife Blake made a video about this which you can see below. If you want more content like this then make sure to subscribe to the Be Your Own Boss Podcast Youtube Channel where Blake and I teach you how you can be your own boss.
It takes time to build a solid personal brand. Here are three proven strategies Blake has used to build her personal brand over the past 15 years.
- Be yourself. Don’t feel like you have to fit a mold or look or sound like everyone else. Embrace your quirks and unique perspectives. Don’t change your voice or look for the sake of your business. People connect with authenticity and realness. Find somewhere to specialize and make it your own. For Blake, it was customer experience, and she brought her fresh ideas and personality to the industry.
- Don’t copy others. Just because something works for someone else doesn’t mean you should take it and use it for yourself. Copying others makes you look bad and causes you to lose credibility. Tap into what makes your product or service different instead of ripping off someone else.
- Listen to the needs of the customer and add value. Pay attention to any gaps in the market that you can fill and add value. Make sure what you say and offer has a market and an audience. When your message is useful and provides value, it will resonate with people and increase your brand much more quickly.
Your personal brand is exactly that—personal. Find your niche, embrace the realness, and don’t feel like you have to be anyone but yourself. As you find your voice and create value, your brand will continue to grow.
We frequently get asked things like: What do we use for courses and email marketing? What platform do we use to find people to join our team? What tools do we use for project and task management? Where do we host and publish podcasts and how do we transcribe them? And More. Well, we just put together the Entrepreneurs’ Online Business Toolkit PDF which will give you a complete breakdown of the tools we sue to run our 7-figure businesses and how we use them. Click here to grab a copy, it will be an invaluable resource in your entrepreneurial journey!
If you enjoyed the article and want more content like this here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to The BYOB Podcast Newsletter to get notified when a new episode comes out (once a week).
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel where we talk about these things in much more detail including sharing our personal stories.
- You can also connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Linkedin.
- If you’re interested in sponsoring or have suggestions for the show, you can send us an email at email@example.com.