I moved to San Francisco over a decade ago. At the time I was working for a marketing agency in downtown doing search engine optimization work and digital marketing. They would host lunch and learns, talk about the company values, and try to convince people that they were valued. It was all fake.
I hated that job. I remember waking up each morning at 6am with the pit in my stomach feeling…dreading heading into the office. Sadly, many people around the work get this same feeling. Instead, we should get butterflies in our stomach from being so excited to show up to work, but how many of us actually get that?
Become a Future-Ready Leader
Learn the 9 skills & mindsets 140 CEOs say are MOST crucial!
Get the PDF→
It doesn’t matter if you’re an entry-level employee or a top executive, we all deserve to be a part of an organization where:
- We feel like the leaders care about us.
- We are recognized for our contributions.
- We can share our ideas and have our voices be heard.
- Teams are diverse and inclusive.
- We can grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Employee experience is a core focus.
- People always come before profits.
Imagine what our organizations would look like if everyone wanted to show up to work each day. We would be able to mitigate any threats that came our way. We would be able to solve the grandest challenges. We would be happier, more productive, and successful.
I imagine a world where we all genuinely WANT not NEED to show up to work each day. Do you honestly feel like your leaders and the company you are a part of cares about you? If so, why?
I put together a video which I hope will inspire and motivate you. Please check it out below and if you want more content like this you can subscribe to my Youtube channel.
If you enjoyed the article and want more content like this here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to The Future of Work Podcast where I interview business leaders around the world each week.
- Grab a copy of The Future Leader which has been endorsed by the CEOs of MasterCard, Best Buy, Oracle, Audi, Unilever, Domino’s Pizza, Ritz Carlton, Kaiser, and Marshall Goldsmith. It explores the most essential skills and mindsets for future leaders.
- If you are or want to be an entrepreneur then my wife and I just launched a brand new podcast on how to Be Your Own Boss, called the BYOB Podcast where we share what we did and how we did it. You can subscribe to that here.
Image from: http://wondrlust.com/knowledge/the-many-benefits-of-caring-for-others/