What this episode is about and why you should care
Spiceworks is the world’s largest community of global IT professionals that come together online and offline. Spiceworks was recently named by Glassdoor as one of the world’s best companies to work for and they have received numerous other similar awards. In this episode of the future of work podcast I talk with Scott Abel, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer for Spiceworks. We explore some of the things that he does to create such a great place to work. From having “slices with Scott” where employees can ask Scott absolutely any question to having open-door meetings with venture capitalists, Scott may just be running one of the world’s most open and transparent companies. According to Scott, being open and transparent is one of the best ways to build trust and engagement. Tune in to learn more!
What you will learn in this episode
- What makes Spiceworks unique and its role as a social network for IT professionals
- Spiceworks’ physical and cultural environment
- Transparency and openness the Spiceworks way
- What makes people want to work at Spiceworks and how important is compensation
- Management vs. leadership and the importance of the next level of leadership
- Workplace flexibility – activity vs. outcome, employee retention and Millenials
- How Spiceworks ensures employee engagement and Abel’s role
- How Abel stays connected and the role of collaborative technologies in keeping employees open and engaged.
- Abel’s views on growth and adapting Spiceworks culture
- How Spiceworks created its cultural values
- Creating an engaged and desirable place to work: the #1 factor and other core values
Links from the episode